- Next Event:
- Northwest/Southwest District Safety Competition: April 23rd at the Dodge City Transportation Department
- North Central/South Central District Safety Competition: May 7th at Northeast Magnet School in Bel Aire
- KSDE wheelchair securement training - May 3rd, 2016 in Great Bend at USD 428 Education Center, 201 South Patton RD. from 9 am - noon. Class size is limited to 30 and the deadline to register is April 27th, 2016.
Here is the link to register: http://events.ksde.org/Default.aspx?tabid=829
- KSPTA Summer Symposium - June 7th & 8th, 2016 in the Kansas State Fairgrounds Encampment building and on the Grandstand lot.
- KSPTA and KSDE's Train the Trainer course will be July 12th, 13th, and 14th 2016 in Topeka. Instructors will be Darlene Davis, Keith Dreiling, and Trooper Nick Wright.
Here is a link for more info: http://events.ksde.org/Default.aspx?tabid=828
- KSDE's Transportation Basics for Transportation Directors and Supervisors will be July 19th, 2016 is Salina. Instructors will be Keith Dreiling and Dennis Tate.
Here is a link for more info: http://events.ksde.org/Default.aspx?tabid=824
- Hotel room block information and a map of events are now available under the Summer Symposium tab.
- A new President's Corner is now available under the President's Corner tab.
- The KSPTA 2016 Spring newsletter is now available under the newsletter tab.
- The District Safety Competition registration forms are now available under the "Our Districts" tab for your specific district.
- The 2016 KSDE study guide for the KSPTA district and state safety competitions are now available under the district tabs, and the Summer Symposium tab.
- Need help with Lodging arrangements for the summer conference? We have pricing for some Hutchinson area hotels. Check it out under the Summer Symposium tab.
- Looking for employment in the bus industry? Emporia and Auburn Washbun are looking for bus drivers, Newton is looking for a Transportation Director, and Andover is looking for an assistant mechanic. Check out the employment tab for more info.
- In the News:
- This year's summer conference will be two days, Tuesday June 7th and Wednesday June 8th, 2016. The entire event will take place at the KS State Fairgrounds in the encampment building and on the Grandstand lot. We will not have a designated hotel for events. We will post more information as it becomes available.
- The 2016 National School Bus Safety poster contest is coming up. Posters must be submitted to the State Department by May 13th. The winning poster will be announced at the summer conference and the winner will be recognized at the fall conference. Here is a link to the official rules http://www.ksde.org/Agency/FiscalandAdministrativeServices/SchoolFinance/SchoolBusSafety/SchoolBusSafetyPosterContest.aspx.
Send submissions to:
Kansas State Dept. of Education
School Bus Safety Education Unit
Attention: Wilma Crabtree
900 SW Jackson, Suite 356
Topeka KS, 66612
Send this to the art teachers in your district to increase awareness of school bus safety and to give the kids in your district a chance to win.
- We received several submissions for the KSPTA pin contest. Thank you very much for participating!
Here is the winner:
Brian Elliott - USD 355, Ellinwood
Here are all of the submissions:
Top: Frank Cott - USD 501, Topeka / Michael Robinson - USD 259, Wichita / Tom Weppler - USD 264 Clearwater
Bottom: Mary Ann Bates - USD 204 Bonner Springs / Deborah Weaver - USD 259 Wichita / Deborah Weaver
- The NSTA (National School Transportation Association) has released a press release regarding changes to the International Safety Competition. You can read about it online at www.yellowbuses.org
or simply click the link Below:
- On Thursday November 19th KSPTA Executive Director Jim Schwartzman and North Central Vice President Doug Messer did a monthly safety meeting for the drivers at USD 333 Concordia promoting KSPTA and giving information on District and State Safety Competitions and Conferences.
If you would like to have something like this at your district please contact us.
We would love to come to your Transportation Center and explain the many wonderful benefits that KSPTA has to offer.
There are many ways to contact us:
(under "Kansas State Pupil Transportation Association"),
(look for your District Vice President under the "Our Districts" tab, other members under the "Executive Member" tab, or you can click on the "Contact Us" tab),