- Next Event:
- Northeast/Southeast District Safety Competition: April 16th at Washburn Rural High School
- North Central/South Central District Safety Competition: TBD
- Northwest/Southwest District Safety Competition: April 23rd at the Dodge City Transportation Department
- KSDE mechanics workshops: These are 5 hour informational workshops for any mechanic performing part 1 Mechanical School/Activity bus safety inspections. This workshop is designed to provide information to assist mechanics who preform this inspection which is required by Kansas State Department of Education school bus regulations. Class instructors will be Kansas Highway Patrol's Motor Carrier Safety Assistance Program Troopers.
March 2nd in Salina - Info
March 17th in Kansas City - Info
- KSPTA Summer Symposium - June 7th & 8th, 2016 in the Kansas State Fairgrounds Encampment building and on the Grandstand lot.
- In the News:
- This year's summer conference will be two days, Tuesday June 7th and Wednesday June 8th, 2016. The entire event will take place at the KS State Fairgrounds in the encampment building and on the Grandstand lot. We will post more information as it becomes available.
- KSPTA is having a contest. We want you to design this year's pin. The theme is school bus safety and this is KSPTA's 46th year. The winner will be decided by the executive board and will receive a 75$ Visa gift card or we can comp your registration for the summer summer conference. Send your designs to email@example.com
. The deadline for submissions is February 29th, 2016. Have a great day.
- There is an opening on the KSPTA executive board. The North Central district is without a vice president. Basic duties include helping put together the district safety competition, voting on board decisions, and helping accomplish KSPTA's main goal of getting important information to Kansas school districts. If you are interested or know of someone who might be, please let us know by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- The NSTA (National School Transportation Association) has released a press release regarding changes to the International Safety Competition. You can read about it online at www.yellowbuses.org
or simply click the link Below:
- On Thursday November 19th KSPTA Executive Director Jim Schwartzman and North Central Vice President Doug Messer did a monthly safety meeting for the drivers at USD 333 Concordia promoting KSPTA and giving information on District and State Safety Competitions and Conferences.
If you would like to have something like this at your district please contact us.
We would love to come to your Transportation Center and explain the many wonderful benefits that KSPTA has to offer.
There are many ways to contact us:
(under "Kansas State Pupil Transportation Association"),
(look for your District Vice President under the "Our Districts" tab, other members under the "Executive Member" tab, or you can click on the "Contact Us" tab),
- The District Safety Competition registration forms are now available under the "Our Districts" tab for your specific district.
- The 2016 KSDE study guide for the KSPTA district and state safety competitions is now available under the Summer Symposium tab.
- Need help with Lodging arrangements? We have pricing for some Hutchinson area hotels and motels. Check it out under the Summer Symposium tab.
- Looking for employment in the bus industry? Emporia and Auburn Washbun are looking for bus drivers, Newton is looking for a Transportation Director, and Andover is looking for an assistant mechanic. Check out the employment tab for more info.